This is part of our ongoing series following a Kitchen Warehouse customer’s kitchen and bath remodel project. See the others here.
After hiring Glen from The Kitchen Warehouse in Los Angeles, my husband and I met with the contractor that he’d recommended to define and estimate our remodel. Check out our old kitchen in the gallery below – Ewww! We made a wish list and reviewed the impact of those items on our budget and our lives. Here’s that list:
- Move non-weight bearing wall between kitchen and dining room to create one large open space, opening up the entire floor plan from the living room to the kitchen.
- Create staging areas for guests throughout the space that allow for snacking for the kids and a place for the adults to gather and spread our parties out.
- Expand my dining room to accommodate up to 10 people
- Increase the storage space under stairs into a functional closet that complements the dining room
- Add shower to half-bathroom and create new vanity/countertop space
- Increase my storage with a sleek European frameless cabinet kitchen
- Increase the size of our kitchen and maximize countertop space to allow room for two cooks
- Find a space for large cooking items like a Panini maker and blender that do not take up my counter space.
- Increase number of cabinets to hold all my specialty cooking and washer/dryer supplies and any towels we need for the new shower in the bathroom
- Add functional, specialized storage space to accommodate our recycle, large pans, and increased storage we need for food items as our boys grow into men.
- Improve our lighting in the kitchen, dining room and the living room as well.
- Keep the outdoor patio views in the kitchen and continue to bring the outdoors inside where possible.