When Henry bought his condo in Marina Del Rey in the 1970s it was the latest interior design style and trends. He loves to entertain and developed a passion of collecting wines and sharing them with friends, however the kitchen had a narrow dining area with a small wet bar. Fast-forward to now when he decided to expand his kitchen and his wine cooler to accommodate his hobby and accommodate more gatherings.
To start, he created a specific wish list:
- A functional kitchen space they could both work in at the same time and be able to interact with their friends.
- A warm and casual atmosphere with comfortable space for two people or twenty
- Updated stainless steel appliances, a 250-bottle wine cooler, a custom stainless steel hood
- An island with storage to hold lots of entertainment ware and also house a barstool seating arrangement
- A built-in espresso machine; double-door, stainless steel, sub-zero refrigerator; and his 50” flat screen TV – viewable from the bar for sporting events
- Mahogany wood bar with a strong treatment to protect it from the inevitable wine spills
- Dark wood cabinets to complement the mahogany countertop, all tied together with glass and stainless steel to update the entire look with a very modern design
Henry gave his wish list to Certified Kitchen Designer Julia Spillman at The Kitchen Warehouse who went to work providing kitchen layout options that would accommodate the wish list within the budget and take the kitchen from the disco era to the high-tech, modern look he wanted now.
Keep following the blog to find out the steps Julia took to accommodate all of Henry’s wish list items and more.
For more information on custom kitchen solutions, contact The Kitchen Warehouse at 888-248-3678. Julia Spillman is a Certified Kitchen Designer who, along with 3 other full-time kitchen designers, has a plethora of experience at LA’s largest cabinet showroom. Their selection of kitchens on display creates hundreds of ideas to create the perfect kitchen for you. And kitchen design is complimentary when you take advantage of their factory direct pricing for cabinets.