State-of-the-art lighting and entertainment systems can be incorporated into your remodel if you plan it in advance. When we merged our kitchen and living room into one large room, we decided to upgrade the lighting and electrical throughout the room. We used a Crestron remote system with a controller device to manage all of our lighting and audio-visual needs (security too) with the push of a button. It also enabled us to manage LED lighting in the kitchen (now required by most cities) as well as incorporating our existing lights by setting them into scenes (like for TV watching, mood lighting, reading or bright lighting). The system also controls the TV and stereo settings, which can even be integrated and managed with an iPod or the Crestron remote. In addition to leaving your walls free from switches every 6 feet, the convenience benefits include:
- Eliminating most wall switches as the lights are remote controlled with the exception of exit points so you can turn them all off and leave the remote in the recharger at night as well as options for outdoor lights on, etc.
- Adding dimmable, efficient LED lighting.
- Creating specialized lighting scenes for all needs from cleaning and cooking to elegant, with the ability to switch them with a push of a button.
- Listening to your favorite music from any source including iTunes and Pandora with speakers recessed in your ceiling.
- Seeing every artist, title, playlist in your music collection and controlling it from the palm of your hand.
- Built-in surround-sound speakers controlled with the same controller, with many features for Blu-ray players, gaming, and computer control.
- An intercom system that rings your phone when guests arrive (programmable for any phone).
- Recessed TV and stereo system nook in the wall and out of the way with expandability for speakers in the kitchen and outside for larger entertainment events.
We hired Home Automators in Hermosa Beach. For questions contact General Manager Doug Klevan at email@example.com or call 310-379-3222 and make sure to mention that The Kitchen Warehouse sent you.