When it comes to creating a kitchen that is energy efficient and functional as well as using products in your new kitchen that are environmentally safe, the key is going to be with your planning. Start your efforts by looking at some of the sites mentioned below to see green products and to learn what factors to look at when choosing between different products you are considering.
1) One of our manufacturers is Bellmont Cabinets with green choices from Bamboo to other renewable sources. For kitchen cabinets-consider environmentally conscious products like bamboo or recycle fibers. You can reduce the finish off-gasses by substituting your finishing product. Ask the kitchen designer you select to provide you with some choices.
2) Reduce your energy requirements by shopping for appliances using the Energy Star Appliance ratings. You can save money on electricity and gas and at the same time help save the earths valuable resources.
3) Select paints that do not use harmful chemicals when you determine your paint and finishing touches.
4) Visit the water conservation site for consumer products that reduce your home’s use for appliances and fixtures that reduce water use. Do a product search for the products you are considering adding so you can stay away from the products that use the most water.
5) Consider adding LCD lighting wherever possible. LCD uses less energy and the technology has greatly improved to serve consumers with a product that works for their needs and reduces their energy consumption. For more information on the products you can choose check out the government lighting website .
See more ideas on earth friendly living and designs at the EarthEasy Website – Solutions for a sustainable life. Then make an appointment with your kitchen designer at The Kitchen Warehouse and see the great choices they have to help you create the Green Kitchen of your dreams.